- Abbott, Kenneth W. and Duncan Snidal.
2000. "Hard and Soft Law in International Governance." International
- Bercusson, Brian. 2000. "The European
employment strategy and the EC institutional structure of social and labour
law." Presented at the conference on "Legal Dimensions of the European
Employment Strategy," SALTSA/Swedish National Institute for Working Life,
Brussels, 9-10 October 2000.
- Biagi, Marco. 2000. AThe Impact of
European Employment Strategy on the Role of Labor Law and Industrial
Relations." The International Journal of Comparative Labour Law and
Industrial Relations. 16(2):155-173.
- Cameron, David. 2001."The
Europeanization of Employment Policy: Creating a New Mode of Governance in the
EU." Prepared for presentation at the European University Institute, March
- de la Porte, Caroline, Philippe Pochet,
and Graham Room. 2001."Social Benchmarking, Policy-Making and the Instruments
of New Governance in the EU." Manuscript.
- de la Porte, Caroline. 2000a."The
novelty of the place of social protection in the European agenda in 1999
through 'soft law'." Presented at the workshop on"New Goverance Process in the
EU," 12 July 2000, Brussels.
- de la Porte, Caroline. 2000b."The
instruments of 'new governance' for analyses and policy-making in the EU."
- Degryse, Christophe and Philippe Pochet.
2000."The Likely Impact of the IGC on European Social Policy." IGC Info,
Observatoire social européen electronic newsletter on the
Intergovernmental Conference. 3(November 2000).
- Dorf, Michael C. and Charles F. Sabel.
1998."A Constitution of Democratic Experimentalism." Columbia Law
Review. 98(2): 267-473.
- Easterby-Smith, Mary Crossan, & David Nicolini,"Organisational
Learning: Debates Past, Present and Future", Journal of Management Studies
- Ebbinghaus, Bernhard and Anke Hassel.
2000."Striking Deals. The role of concertation in the reform of the welfare
state." Journal of European Public Policy. 7(1)(March):44-62.
- Esping-Andersen, Gosta. 1996."After the
Golden Age? Welfare State Dilemmas in a Global Economy." In Gosta
Esping-Andersen (ed.). Welfare States in Transition : National Adaptations
in Global Economies. Sage Publications.
- ETUC (European Trade Union Congress).
2001."Luxembourg Process: ETUC Employment
- European Commission. 1997. An
Employment Agenda for the Year 2000: Issues and Policies. http://www.europa.eu.int/comm/employment_social/summit/en/papers/emploi2.htm.
- European Commission. 2000. Joint
Employment Report 2000, Part I.
- Ferrera, Maurizio, Anton Hemerijk, and
Martin Rhodes. 2001. The Future of Social Europe: Recasting Work and Welfare
in the New Economy. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Gerstenberg, Oliver and Charles F.
Sabel. 2000. Directly-Deliberative Polyarchy: An Institutional Ideal for
- Goetschy, Janine. 1999."The European
Employment Strategy: Genesis and Development." European Journal of
Industrial Relations. 5(2):117-137.
- Goldstein, Judith and Robert O. Keohane.
1993. Ideas and Foreign Policy: Beliefs, Institutions and Political
Change. Ithaca, New York: Cornell University Press.
- Hall, Peter (ed.). 1989. The
Political Power of Economic Ideas: Keynesianism Across Nations. Princeton,
New Jersey: Princeton University Press.
- Hodson, Dermot and Imelda Maher.
2001."The Open Method as a new mode of governance: The case of soft economic
policy coordination." Ms.
- Kenner, Jeff. 1999."The EC Employment
Title and the 'Third Way': Making Soft Law Work?" The International Journal
of Comparative Labour Law and Industrial Relations. 15(1):33-60.
- Larsson, Allan. 1998."The European
Employment Strategy and the EMU: You must invest to be able to save." The 1998
Meidner Lecture presented at Swedish IRRA Association and the Working Life
Institute, 18 March 1998.
- Larsson, Allan. 2000."The European
Employment Strategy: a new field of research." Presented at European Society of
the London School of Economics, Monday, 17 January 2000.
- Levy, Jonah. 1999."Vice into Virtue?
Progressive Politics and Welfare Reform in Continental Europe." Politics and
Society. 27(2): 239-273.
- Lönnroth, Juhani. 2000."The
European Employment Strategy, a model of Open Co-ordination: and the role of
the Social Partners." Presented at the conference on"Legal Dimensions of the
European Employment Strategy," SALTSA/Swedish National Institute for Working
Life, Brussels, 9-10 October 2000.
- Luque, Emilio. 2000."Entrepreneurship,
governance and socioeconomic citizenship: a perspective from the Spanish 1999
NAP." In David Foden and Lars Magnusson (eds.). Contested Territory:
Entrepreneurship in the European employment strategy. Brussels: ETUI
(European Trade Union Institute).
- Majone, Giandomenico. 1993."The European
Community between Social Policy and Social Regulation." Journal of Common
Market Studies. 31:153-170.
- Mosher, James. 2000."Open Method of
Coordination: Functional and Political Origins." ECSA Review.
- Pisani-Ferry, Jean. 2000. Plein
emploi. Paris: La Documentation française.
- Portugal Presidency. 2000."Presidency
Conclusions." Lisbon European Council, 23 and 24 March 2000.
- Rhodes, Martin. 1995."A Regulatory
Conundrum: Industrial Relations and the Social Dimension." In Stephan Leibfried
and Paul Pierson (eds.). European Social Policy: Between Fragmentation and
Integration. Washington, D.C.: Brookings Institution.
- Rhodes, Martin. 1998."Globalization,
Labour Markets and Welfare States: A Future of 'Competitive Corporatism'?" In
Martin Rhodes and Yves Meny (eds.). The Future of European Welfare: A New
Social Contract? London: Macmillan.
- Sabel, Charles, 1994"Learning by Monitoring: The Institutions of
Economic Development" in- Smelser & Swedberg, eds, The Handbook of
Economic Sociology. Princeton: Princeton U. Press.
- --------------, 2000."A Quiet Revolution of Democratic Governance:
Towards Democratic Experimentalism." Presented at the EXPO 2000, OECD Forum on
the Future, Conference on 21st Century Goverance, Hannover, Germany,
March 25 and 26, 2000.
- Scharpf, Fritz W, 2001 "European Governance: Common Concerns versus
The Challenge of Diversity." Jean Monnet Working Paper 07/01. NYU School of
- Snyder, Francis. 1994."Soft Law and
Institutional Practice in the European Community." In Stephen Martin (ed.).
The Construction of Europe: Essays in Honour of Emile Noël.
Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Streeck, Wolfgang. 1995."From
Market-Making to State-Building: Reflections on the Political Economy of
European Social Policy." In Stephan Leibfried and Paul Pierson (eds.).
European Social Policy: Between Fragmentation and Integration.
Washington, D.C.: Brookings Institution.
- Teague, Paul. 2001."Deliberative
Goverance and EU Social Policy." European Journal of Industrial
This site is part of the Academy
of European Law online, a joint partnership of the
Jean Monnet Center at
NYU School of Law, the
Academy of European Law and the
Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies
at the European University Institute.
Questions or comments about this site?